Tuesday 13 September 2016

More Speed, less haste.

So had a chat with my Psychiatrist about the new ADHD medication and as I wasn't getting any side effects and I thought there may be some subtle improvement she suggested to increase the Elvanse Adult from 30mg to 50mg starting to day.  Now I only have 30mg tablets currently so I can't just double the dose. So to get around this I pull apart the capsule and mix with water and drink two thirds of it i.e. 20mg, so I dissolved it into 150ml of water and drank 100ml and took the other capsule as normal.

Anyway, today I feel like I'm buzzin' (yep it's an amphetamine based drug which is what Speed is).  No anxiety or panic attacks and I'm getting some stuff done.  After a couple of hours I took my blood pressure and it was a normal (for me) 139/69 with a pulse of 71.

It's just day 1, so lets not be too hasty and say its working just yet. I'm working from home today and there are many distractions, "Hey look, a Chinook helicopter!". There are no squirrels in my garden so I have to go with what I can see, and he wasn't flying that high, maybe 1000ft :)

No comments:

Post a Comment