Wednesday 21 September 2016

Forgot to see the man lady about a dog.

So today, apart from work, I had 2 things to remember. One was that Autoglass were coming to repair the glass roof on my car and the other was to take the dog to the Vets at 6pm for a post op check up. For Autoglass , all I had to do was be home which was easy as I had arranged to work from home. The vets appointment was in my phone calendar, so there was no way I could forget that. I finished my work for the day about 4:45pm and thought that it would be really good to take the dog for a walk early, so I'd have a bit more time in the evening. So by 5.15pm I was off on our usual 7 Km walk around Manor Farm Country Park which take about 1.5 hours or so, depending on how long we play fetch sticks in the rivers and streams and who we meet along the way. So I'd walked about 1 Km (I know this because my Walking App on my phone bleeted at me in its female but yet somewhat robotic voice that I had reached 1 Km), when it suddenly dawned on me I was meant to be at the Vets. I looked at my watch and it was 5.30pm, and then, as if our brains had connected from a kilometer away, my wife phones me to tell me I should be going to the Vets. Of course I hurried back, and fortunately the Vets is just around the corner from where I live, so I made it in plenty of time, and saw the lady Vet who I sometimes bump in to while out dog walking. So even with reminders and barely anything worthy of a todo list, I forgot. Luckily I remembered in time, but next time I might not.

No comments:

Post a Comment